Sunday, October 2, 2016

My First Job after NYSC [Episode 5]

 READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED. STRICTLY FOR 18+

 Click here for episode 4


ME: what really happened?
JANET: I used to have a boyfriend, his name is Kingsley. He is the one who deflowered me and I love him so much.
ME: so what went wrong?
JANET: I loved him with everything, my life, my parent's money, my everything

******wanted to cry***

ME: its ok Janet, but you still haven't tell me what happened.
JANET: he said he is no longer interested

****crying****

ME: ****placed my hand on her back, drew her closer*****. He said so for what? Why? What did he said your offence is?
JANET: he said I am proud, arrogant, rude and bossy.

******for my mind, shebi, that one na true*******

I smiled, comforted her, wiped her tears and cuddled her. That day marks the beginning of my friendship with Janet. We chat and gist for the first time for long hours. I got home, dropped my fone on my bed and tried to catch some sleep when I got a new whatsapp message, "thanks so much for your words of comfort, and thanks for giving me a smile today". This is my whatsapp number". I smiled and saved it.

Day after day, week after week, Janet and I became closer that we exchange calls and texts
every day, we chat till late nights. I graduated from sitting room conversations to following her into her room on many occasions.

One day while in Janet's room, a text came in from Mabel, "David, we have to talk".

Chaiii, Mabel is getting uncomfortable. It was another market day, Mabel came around as usual. But this time, she wore a frown face.

Mabel: what is going on between you and Aunt Janet?
ME: there is nothing. I'm just trying to make friend with her so as to persuade her to take her lessons serious and pass her exams.

 MABEL: ****sad face****, David it's a lie, I have been noticing the two of you recently, I know she has been calling you recently, its unfair oooooo, you want to dump me abi?

***wanted to cry**

ME: ****i drew her closer***, I'm not dumping you, you know I like you.
MABEL: I'm scared, I'm not feeling safe, this is my first time of having a graduate boyfriend in my life, this is my first time of loving a guy to this level, I don't trust you,
ME: why?
MABEL: you may dump me because I am a house girl.
ME: you know I won't do that.

I pet Mabel, I drew her mouth closer and plant a kiss on her lips, she responded.

"David wait".

MABEL: do you truly love me?
ME: offcourse you know that I do, why the question?
MABEL: if you know you truly love me, there is something I want you to do for me right now. Will you do it?
ME: ***am****, yes dear, just name it dear, I will do anything for you, I mean anything, just name it. I can catch shekau for you if you ask for it.

MABEL: *****she opened her purse, brought out a blade***. If you know you truly love me, I want us to make a blood covenant so that I can be assured that you will not just Bleep me and dump me.

My body dropped instantly..

Me: "Shocked" blood covenant?
Mabel: yes dear, I just want to be sure that I'm save.
ME: baby, I can't do that
MABEL: e mean say u no love me be that, u will dump me for Aunty Janet.
ME: no Mabel, I won't do that. But the reason why I can't do blood covenant is because it's against the bible, it's of the devil, and it's not safe scientifically.

MABEL: so bleeping me is in the bible abi?, I know it that you are just bleeping me for fun, I know it that you will dump me.

ME: **calm her down***, Mabel, its not what you think, diseases like HIV or "hepatomadetis" can be contacted.
Mabel: **straight face***, what is hepatomadetis?
ME: ****wetin sef?, why I go just mention something wey no exist.

Thought for a while****.

It's a disease from metals like shared blade, the blade might be used somewhere before and repackaged. If the person has the disease, both of us will contact it and die slowly.

MABEL: ok, what can you do to assure me that I'm save?,
ME: ***took a deep sigh***. Ok, I will not be close with Janet again.
MABEL: are you sure?
ME: yes

She was bit convinced, we were there for a while, looking at each other's face.

MABEL: oya let's continue the lesson .
ME: I'm not in the mood
Mabel looked at me and smiled.
Mabel: "Sebi its becos of the convenant thing?"
Me: Not really.

She departed for market

The next lesson period came, Janet had called me at 12pm to remind me of the water melon she told me to bring earlier.

How will I play my game in this white house? How do I act that Mabel will not be offended and Janet will not suspect? Now that I was beginning to like Janet, how do I go
about it?. What if Mabel opened up to Janet about our relationship.

Suddenly, I stopped thinking and proceeded to the white house at 1pm........


1 comment: